Registration is NOW OPEN!!
Class #11 training dates: November 11, 2019 – December 19, 2019
Monday 10:00 am – 2:00 pm
and Tuesday – Friday from 9:00 am – 2:00 pm
The purpose of the Independent Work Program (IWP) is to assist eligible participants to connect to the labor force by providing a 6-week paid internship with intensive social, academic, career, and service learning opportunities.
- Have an income at or below 125% of the federal poverty level
- Be at least 16 years of age and reside in Cobb County
- Present a valid picture I.D. and social security card
- Have reliable transportation (location is directly on CCT Route 20)
- Not have any convictions for violent or sex-related crimes
- Be drug & alcohol free and voluntarily submit to random screening
- Complete and file W-9 and I-9 tax forms
- Sign a Release of Information agreement
- Perform 4-hours of community service each week
Once you have submitted an online application, you will be contacted for an appointment to complete your eligibility process. If you need assistance, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org or (770) 432-4025.
You need a written recommendation from a social worker, case manager, counselor or court official to apply for the Independent Work Program. You can download a sample letter for editing here: IWP Recommendation Letter Sample. Once completed, upload your letter of recommendation below: