Registration is NOW OPEN!!
Applications are Due by 10:00 am on January 07, 2018
Class Dates: January 14, 2019 – February 21, 2019
Monday 10:00 am – 2:00 pm
and Tuesday – Friday from 9:00 am – 2:00 pm
The purpose of the Independent Work Program (IWP) is to assist eligible participants to connect to the labor force by providing a 6-week paid internship with intensive social, academic, career, technical education, and service learning opportunities.
- Currently be on probation, parole, participating in an Accountability Court, in recovery or treatment for Substance Use Disorder, or reside in transitional housing.
- Must obtain a written recommendation from a case manager, social worker or court official to apply
- Have an income at or below 125% of the federal poverty level
- Be at least 18 years of age and reside in Cobb County
- Present a valid picture I.D. and social security card
- Have reliable transportation (location is directly on CCT Route 20)
- Not have any convictions for violent or sex-related crimes
- Be drug & alcohol free and voluntarily submit to random screening
- Complete and file W-9 and I-9 tax forms
- Sign a Release of Information agreement
Once you have submitted an online application, you will be contacted for an appointment to complete your eligibility process. If you need assistance, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org or (770) 432-4025.
You need a written recommendation from a social worker, case manager, counselor or court official to apply for the Independent Work Program. You can download a sample letter for editing here: IWP Recommendation Letter Sample. Once completed, upload your letter of recommendation below: